Inside Wireman Apprenticeship
Wages for this program start at $19.87/hr., and when you are finished you will be making $43.20/hr.
Inside Wiremen install conduit, electrical wiring, fixtures, and electrical equipment inside commercial buildings and in industrial settings. This is a five year apprenticeship program that we condense into a little over four years.
The apprenticeship includes a combination of on-the-job training and coursework. Your on-the-job training will usually consist of a standard forty hour work week with a contractor we assign you to. Courses usually take place in the evening, twice a week, with the occasional Saturday class. The combination of working and taking classes simultaneously makes for a rigorous schedule. Please consider whether you are prepared to invest the time and energy it will take in order to be successful in the apprenticeship.
A requirement of completing this program is earning your Journeyman's license. The current Journeyman wage is $43.20. Before you receive your license, you will receive a certain percentage of the Journeyman wage, depending on what pay period you have reached. You receive periodic pay increases throughout the program.
Required documents for the Inside Wireman Apprenticeship
- $25 to apply – This is a non-refundable fee.
- Current driver’s license and one additional form of government issued ID (Birth Certificate, Passport, Military ID, Social Security Card, etc.)
- High School Diploma or G.E.D. (unless exempt)*
- Official transcripts verifying one full credit of an algebra course (unless exempt)*. GED scores do NOT meet this criteria. You may substitute NJATC Online Tech Math class
- Copy of DD214 (If you were in the military)
- Those accepted will be required to clear a background check. For the background check, you will be required to provide the addresses you resided at for all states that you have lived in for the past seven years.
- Those accepted will be required to submit results of physical examination and drug screen