Wages for this program start at $15.87/hr, and when you are finished you will be making $28.66/hr.
Residential Wiremen work solely in residential settings (single and multi-family dwellings) during construction and renovation. This is a three year apprenticeship program.
The apprenticeship includes a combination of on-the-job training and coursework. Your on-the-job training will usually consist of a standard forty hour work week with a contractor we assign you to. Courses usually take place in the evening, twice a week, with the occasional Saturday class. The combination of working and taking classes simultaneously makes for a rigorous schedule. Please consider whether you are prepared to invest the time and energy it will take in order to be successful in the apprenticeship.
A requirement of completing this program is earning your Residential Wireman license. The current Residential Wireman wage is $26.66. Before you receive your license, you will receive a certain percentage of the Wireman wage, depending on what pay period you have reached. You receive periodic pay increases throughout the program.
Required Documents for the VDV Program and Residential Program:
- $25 to apply – This is a non-refundable fee.
- Two forms of government issued ID (Driver’s License, Birth Certificate, Military ID, Passport, Social Security, etc.)
- High School Diploma or G.E.D.
- Copy of DD214 (If you were in the military)
- Those accepted will be required to submit results of physical examination and drug screen.